Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, 18 July 2007

Judgement Tag

Tagged by the lovely Broom to write about what we judge, who we judge and why. Calculus always tells me that I have two sets of rules – one for myself and one for the rest of the world. After this tag, I think I may have to agree with him !

- I tend to judge people whose written and/or spoken English is not too good. I expect people to write/speak grammatically correct English, though I don’t do it myself many a times.
- I judge people by the car they drive. I have my own hierarchy of cars that I like and think are cool and those that are way too-uncool. I judge people who drive big cars and four wheel drives as being totally irresponsible and environmentally unfriendly. Yet I love big gas-guzzlers and would love to own one myself. And if you don’t drive, well I don’t even know what to say.
- I judge people on the educational qualifications they have. I have had to stop myself so many times from rejecting CVs outright of candidates who don’t have a master’s qualification or an engineering degree.
- I judge people by the clothes they wear and how well groomed they are.
- I judge people who don’t have an ipod. Come on, how can one NOT have even a single ipod. And no, I don’t get any commission nor do I have any shares in Apple.
- I judge people who don’t cook at home and tend to eat out a lot. I would love to eat out more often myself, just that because I am vegetarian my options are rather limited and so we tend not to.
- I judge people who shop at Primark (a cheap fashion store), though I do it sometimes in secret and don’t admit it to anyone.
- I judge people who 'put-on' accents. I find it really annoying.
- I judge people who are slow to learn stuff. I pick up stuff quite fast and mostly need to be told how to do things only once, so I am quick to judge people who learn slowly.

Gosh, I am going to stop now – I did not realise I was so judgemental myself till I put this all down.

Thanks to Broom, by the end of this tag, none of us are going to have any friends left!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! you found some that I forgot:
* The English bit
* Driving big cars
* Put on accents. ARGH!

The ones you judge me by:
* I shope at Primark
* I don't own an iPod (I have a Zen, does that count?)
* I eat out a lot. A LOT!

Eeps! I've opened a can of worms here!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you. You come across as totally non-judgmental.

Veritas said...

Thank God I don't shop at Primark - you'd never speak to me again. I don't drive a car, don't own an Ipod, have few qualifications. And I'm quite scruffy most of the time.