Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, 14 July 2007

Close Call...

My mother doesn’t know yet that I blog. In fact, nobody in my family know that I blog, except for Calculus. I tend to be secretive like that ! Plus I cant complain that my mother is driving me insane, if she reads my blog, can I ? So I haven’t told her that I blog. I would love for her to read what I write, but I am apprehensive about it because I can no longer write what I want, without careful deliberation.

Today, after a wonderful afternoon spent in the company of blogger friends of mine, I was dreading the question from my mother “So how do you know them ?”, which I was sure my mother would ask. Sure enough, ask she did ! The conversation went something like this:

Mother – Such nice girls sorry people, considering there was one boy amongst them.
Me – Yeah, I have finally found some good friends here in London.
Mother – So who is the one who works with you ?
Me – none of them (I know where this conversation is going already !)
Mother – So how do you know them ?
Me – (deftly trying to change the topic) A is in such and such a profession.. Her husband is an academic (she loves anything to do with academia). B and her partner are both in the software industry.
Mother – that’s very interesting. I still wonder how you know them though.
Me – They blog and I read their blogs.
Mother – Enna? (what). What is that ?
Me – (explain to her what a blog is)
Mother – so is it an online community?
Me – yeah, in a sense
Mother – do you contribute too?
Me – (so want to tell her I have a blog, but at the same time don’t want to either!) yeah sometimes
Mother – so what do you write about?
Me – this and that really (how can I admit to her that I write about how she drives me mad)
Mother – Would like to read it sometime. Why don’t you email it to me?
Me – Sure, will do that.

Phewww! Emailing a post to her is so much easier, as I can pick and choose what she should read. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is really cool. And knowing how smart she is, she might google your article and it will lead her right here!

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon, anyway.

Anonymous said...

She may still find it as Broom says!

the mad momma said...

LOL! my family reads my blog and i bitch about them whenever I want. that was the condition on which i shared the url with them. they mope a bit when i crib about them. but they recover their good spirits soon enough. if anything its my in laws i am terrified of.

Silent One said...

@Broom and MG - hoping she won't find it though..
MM - am convinced now, that I should not tell my folks. Emailing selective posts is the way forward :)

Anonymous said...

hey thats pretty cool.. may be ur mom might want to blog as well!!. who knows whats in her heart!!.. damn i like this part.. loll

Anonymous said...

You should have told her you just read these blogs, and leave comments. That's how you all became friends.

V too had this sticky conversation with my parents. They now know about his blog but haven't visited it yet. His parents don't know about the blog though. He just refuses to tell them.