Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Back to Work..

I started work last week. After six whole months of not going to work, it felt really strange to walk into the office. We have a huge shortage of desk space in our department, so I was half-expecting to come in and scout for an empty one. I was quite pleasantly surprised to see that they had kept it empty for me.. It was quite a shock though to see that things were progressing smoothly in the office, almost as if I was expecting them not to !! The first day was a real challenge and the only thing which kept me going was the fact that I was meeting some lovely lady bloggers for lunch plus the fact that I could leave for home after that.

I miss the little one a lot during the day. The day seems so much bleaker without her smile to start the day. Since I start work early, there are many days when she doesn't wake up before I leave. But I guess I should not really complain, for I am home by about 3ish..

As time has gone by, going to work itself has got easier. I am slowly getting back into different projects and time passes by in a flash. But it is a real luxury coming back by 3 - probably a career change to have that permanently is something I should explore more closely.

3 comments:

neha vish said...

I bet she misses you to bits too... And yes, meeting a bunch of rowdies for lunch somehow brings cheer to any day!

Anonymous said...

just rub it in some more you guys.

the mad momma said...

who you met? i am jealous.