'Har mulaqat ka anjaam
judaai kyu hain.
Ab to har vaqt yahi baat
satati hai hame..."
Shahryar could not have said it any better and Talat Aziz sang this song so beautfully, making it one of my all-time favourites. My parents are leaving for India around mid-October and there is less than 40 days for them to go now. The countdown to their leaving has begun and there is already a sinking feeling in my heart. I am going to miss them so much - coming home to a wonderful reception, lovely home-cooked hot food, not having to worry about the little one for a second the time that I am away, so many little things, just having my mother's touch in so many ways around me. They are going to miss the little one too - from being practically their full-time carers to go back to an empty house is not going to be easy on them. The only thing which keeps me going is the fact that they are planning to come back around summer next year. It is at times like these, that our decision to leave our motherland behind and come and settle down in this country hits home the hardest.
Sunday, 9 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yeah, that's the one thing driving my decision to go back....our parents miss us so much. i also hate the thought of moving on with my life without them being a part of it. how much ever you talk to each other on the phone it's not the same as being able to meet and be a part of each other's lives.
Oh God, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. My parents are here in the UK but several hours away by train. I often think that their lives would be much better if they were closer to their families back in India but in reality I would miss them so much and, as their only child, they would miss me and I know they would veto any suggestion that they return to India.
i know how it feels. but trust me, you'll get used to it before you realise. the baby will ensure that!
btw was just wondering whether you have help for later. you may want to check kalayaan.org from where several of my friends who hold full time jobs have hired women (and man in one case) and are very happy. they either live in with you or come early in the morning, mind the baby, do the chores and leave after you get back home.
@ Anju - very true. How i wish we could try out something like what you are too.
@ PH - my uncle and aunt who live here in the UK, tried to go back to India while their grown up daughter stayed on here. But they missed her too much and had to come back eventually.
@ choxbox - I tried that link but the site was all about vacationing in the philippines !!
I love this song too!!
Post a Comment