I love Apple Inc. I love their products – computers, music players - the whole lot of them. They are funky, sophisticated, efficient and so much more. And I think their ipods are the best invention ever since sliced bread. I have more than my fair share of them – I don’t own a sample from each of their ranges yet, but I am pretty close. Its not something I am proud of – its just that I find them irresistible. For instance, when Apple launched its new shuffle, I just had to get one as inspiration so I could use it for my (non-existent) trip to the gym everyday.
A bunch of my colleagues are the same, if not worse than me. Between all of us, we could start an ipod lending library – we own that many. We are crazy enough to watch all apple product launches live in our department !! Immediately after the launch, we analyse and analyse their latest products and then the debate if we should buy yet another ipod begins.
This year has been no different and ever since Apple announced the launch of its new, all improved suite of products, our discussions have been ongoing. All of us have been eying the itouch and want to get one. Two of my colleagues are in Boston on work right now and they have managed to get pre-release versions of itouch almost two weeks before its scheduled release on the 30th !! I know that 30th is just 10 days away, but in gadget world, thats equivalent to 10 light years !! Both of my colleagues are extremely happy with their new toy and have not lost a single opportunity to gloat about it. I could not justify in my head buying yet another ipod, however wonderful or funky it is. (I like to think that the reason behind that is I have become more responsible after becoming a mother, but its not true :) ). So I was doing the next best thing – drooling over it and watching the features video of it. Calculus caught me looking at it over and over again (all part of the master plan, of course !) and is insisting that I get one. Ok maybe not insisting, but am going to get one anyway to keep him happy…
Thursday, 20 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment