Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, 11 August 2007

Childhood Friend

I am warming up big time to Facebook. Not only is it funky, cool, easy to use and addictive but thanks to Facebook, I met up with an old childhood friend of mine. We grew up together and lived in the same building but lost touch over the years. I recently found her through another friend on Facebook. She saw my status message which said something along the lines of the fact that I was spending my weekend gallivanting around central london. It so happened that she was venturing out on a Europe tour (she lives in the US of A) the week after and her starting point was London. So she got on touch with me and I invited her over for dinner on Friday.

There is something so so wonderful about meeting childhood friends. For me, the joy that it brings is unsurpassed. We spent a wonderful evening together - the conversation flew so effortlessly and it almost felt as if we were picking up things from where we left off years ago. It brought back so many wonderful memories of my beautiful colony and we relived some of our school days.

My friend came with her husband and two year old son. He was really sweet and got along well with the little one. He thoroughly enjoyed playing with her toys and by the end of the evening he was complaining if the little one wanted any of the toys. He was quite jealous when his mother held the little one and did not like it at all. Yet as they were leaving and putting on their shoes, he asked his mother with such an innocent expression on his face, why the baby was not wearing her shoes. He had just assumed that they would take the baby with them !!!!!

No comments: