I forgot to add that the little one has completely outgrown her pacifier. Phew, I have somehow never liked them and I never thought that i would use one. But babies are born to defy your wishes and choices, sometimes.
I had this huge mental debate whether we should give her a pacifier or not when I was pregnant. I was ambivalent at best and left it at that, reading up loads of material on the internet about it. When the little one was born, we got given 2-3 pacifiers with some of the other stuff that we bought (bottles, steriliser etc). We tried it one day when she was a bit unsettled and she seemed to love it, so we stuck with it. She would also sleep longer at nights when she used it and so it clearly became a no-brainer to continue using it. She only used it while sleeping though, more frequently at nights rather than in the daytime.
And then one day, soon after she turned about 14 months, she stopped using it. Just like that with no conscious effort on our part at all. She refuses it consistently now and tells us to put it away. I am so relieved because I had these visions of having to force her away from it, with her screaming away and me being mean and stick to my ground. But none of that..
The resemblance of her taste in food to mine is really uncanny. I can almost predict what she will eat and what she will refuse straight away :).. her favourite vegetable seems to be ladies finger / okra.. She will eat that at any time, even after she has just had a meal. Of course its not in the same league as say a papad, but its pretty close.
Thursday, 5 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hope the little one is better now (re. the potty issues).
You've been tagged. :)
Priya.
Hi - My girl used the pacifier for about 5 months and gave it up all on her own, just like yours. I can understand your relief, but in my case, it was not me who was arguing, but my mom who had had a tough battle with her daughter! I refused to give it up
for over 11 months and my mom forced me to give it up, only to find that the maids were secretly giving it to me while she was away at work. She's now in the process of giving up her thumb-sucking while going to sleep.
What we want to know is, is she pooping again?
hey rads, noo was on the pacifier too but we broke the habit after she turned one. it was bad for 2 days but she was fine after that.
i have a q though babe, how do you give her okra - it's my fave veg and i'm scared she'll choke on the seeds!
I just noticed your little one is very close in age to Popol - I think she's a month younger. Popol still wants the pacifier when he sleeps....the ped. advised us not to try and wean him off it yet...hopefully he'll give it up on his own, too, some day.
Wow, your baby seems to be very clear in her own mind about so many things- not just the pacifier! Been reading your recent posts, hope the pooping is quite normal now!
hey there..finally made it here again..I must remember to add you to my reader :)
Aadi was on the paci too..and then one day when she was 10 months old,I just didn't give it to her,because,I didn't have a clean one handy..and she didn't ask for it again..So touchwood..that was easy! :)Even we got new ones,but she refused to take it!:)
Oh that is really nice post written.
Lingerie news
Post a Comment