Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, 2 May 2008

Restraint

I am learning restraint and it’s hard.

I have been an impulsive person all my life and this is exceptionally difficult for me. It does not come naturally to me at all.

But I am determined to. I stand to lose out much more if I don’t. And I am not prepared to do that.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued, SO - what prompted this decision to be less impulsive (if you can share)....

Pratibha said...

what are you putting restraints on dear?

Choxbox said...

good luck!

(pls to share how you managed when you do, can do with it myself)

Tharini said...

I think restraint is a good thing, when it means we could end up feeling guilty abt our actions or hurting another's feelings in the process.

Restraint with showing love and understanding and reaching out to a person cannot be good restrain for us.

Whatever it is that challenges you, hope you rise above it and your own nature. I understand your struggle without the context, because I am an impulsive person myself, but whatever restraint I have developed so far has only been for my good.

Anonymous said...

I have always been restrained all my life. YOu have no idea how suffocating that is. And I regret lots of things. So I am going to be less restrained from now on. Just letting you know what lies on the other side!!!
But what happened to make you take this decision??

Nat said...

I second childwoman's comment.

Arunima said...

hi!

this is from one silent blog to another. It is ok to be less restrained sometimes.

Anonymous said...

but does learning means one has to practice it? all the time??

I think unrestrained is healthier...really!

Anonymous said...

Tagged!!

Rambler said...

I know how hard this is..heard about 21 day rule? try it helps a lot

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I'm with you on this, I need to learn restraint. Big time.