Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, 4 April 2008

Why's of guilt

• Why is it that each time I go out for dinner or lunch on a weekend without my little one, I feel terribly guilty?
• Why is it that I weigh up every plan of going out a thousand times and more if it means leaving the little one at home?
• Why is that my nap times on weekends ALWAYS coincide with the little one’s?
• Why is it that it gets noticed so much more if I as a mother go out leaving the little one at home?
• Why is it that I feel terribly guilty if someone else feeds her while I sit by watching?
• Why is it that I feel awful for not taking her out as much?
• Why is it that the thought of going away even for a single day no longer sounds inviting? (I used to be crazy about travelling).
• Why is it that I fret endlessly over some of the choices we make which impact her life the most?
• Why is it that I feel guilty even for speaking on the phone with friends at home?
• Why is it that I postpone any non-essential errands for my own self endlessly till there is no other way out than to fix it? (for instance changing my watch strap and battery)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these are symtopms of a loving , caring, possesive, anxious and crazy MOM. I have the same issues and can do nothing about .:-). Enjoy...Love Prato

Anonymous said...

My mom often says "wait till you become a mother. then you'll know why i acted a certain way." there is just something amazing about how motherhood changes you as a person. i can't wait to experience it.

the mad momma said...

err... the same as choxbox.

Wunderyearz said...

The kind of guilt we all moms go through at some time or the other.....

bird's eye view said...

:) I've cut down hair cuts to once a year and manicures about that often. It's only going to get worse - wait till she can say with that plea in her voice - don't go mamma...