Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, 4 March 2008

New Fathers..

I have a proud new father of a baby sitting next to me at work now. His baby was born sometime last week and he got back to work this week. All morning he has been proudly showing off his daughter’s pictures to anybody who is willing to see them. It’s rather sweet – I have never been exposed to a new father at work before – and it’s beautiful to see a whole new side of people.
This morning, he came up with “She’s rather advanced for her age” to his colleagues, all of whom I have to point out are men. I know its sweet but I can’t help thinking dude, she is 2-3 days old, how do you know? He has been proudly proclaiming that she sleeps through the night and my cynical self cant help think “Don’t say that aloud !!! Haven’t you heard of the lurking jinx monster?”
Another commented that his baby girl looked like a ‘real baby’. Hmm, so what did you expect her to look like? I obviously can’t say this aloud because I don’t know them well enough as yet, but it sure did bring a smile to my face.

1 comment:

methinks said...

:) that's cute.. but new born babies do tend to look like aliens. so that's what this person meant by 'real baby' not an alien. ;) lol! i'm sorry, i shouldn't be mean.