Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, 4 January 2008

New Year Thoughts..

• This past year has been a very eventful one. It started off with a bang with the birth of our lovely daughter in January. She got a wonderful welcome with her grandparents, my brother and his wife from the US here on the day she was born and my uncle and aunt coming down from Wales, making it a full house. Overall motherhood has been a very enjoyable experience. The little one is a fairly content, ‘shaant baccha’ so I cant complain too much (I should probably not say this to jinx the J monster!). Yet I would be lying if there haven’t been moments where the sheer enormity of it all has overwhelmed me and I just want to curl under my warm duvet and sleep. These moments have been few and far in between, but yes they have been there.

• This was the year where my patience was tested to the limit. Just when I thought I was going to lose it, I have had to go deeper and dig into my frugal reserves. I hope I can be more patient this year too.

• I started this blog, which has been a great ride so far. Made some very nice new friends and also discovered that there are so many people out there who are so similar, just that I haven’t met them as yet.

• I met some incredibly nice people in London, connected instantly with them and now feel like I have known them for a long time. For the first time in the 3 years that I have been in London, I feel grounded.

• I have had family visiting and staying with us for the large part of the year. I am a very people person and love being surrounded by lots of people, so it has been good fun. Of course it has its downside too, but again on the whole a thoroughly enjoyable experience and I would not hesitate for a moment to do it all over again.

• We have gone through the tough task of finding a house to buy. We started off with great enthusiasm, narrowed down places, saw a lot of houses but nothing which we both liked instantly. Then came this sub-prime crisis and so we decided to wait. But this last year has really really made me miss having my own place.

• I managed to stick to my resolution to buy fewer clothes for myself, mainly because I want to consume less. I still did buy some, but not as much as I would normally have. But hey, this is a new year and so I am going shopping tomorrow to stock up again !!!!

• I don’t have any specific resolutions for 2008, mainly because I know I will not stick to them for too long. Instead, I resolve to resolve more often and not just at New Years and stick to them.

• The one thing which comes to mind instantly is to keep the house cleaner. I tend to leave things scattered around the house and it always gets Calculus’s goat. I also want this to be the year where we finally move into our own place so that I can decorate it my way and buy toys for the little one without worrying too much about where we are going to put it. Hope it works out.

Have a great New Year 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best to you in 2008, SilentOne! Good luck with the househunting. Though we've found our house, the paperwork and the holiday period have delayed things and I am simply itching to move in and nest. A home of our own at last! Anyway, what a wonderful way to spend 2007 with your new little baby. I pray everything works out with my pregnancy that I can enjoy 2008 with my little one. P