Friday, 30 March 2007
Etiquette Watch
So Calculus, another colleague of mine and I were having dinner. With the little baby (yes we have a young daughter) and work, his sleep patterns have been a bit erratic, to say the least. After dinner, we were sitting around and talking. Calculus has never been one who is unduly worried about what others make of him. So Calculus gives out a big yawn while we were sitting down. I know he has been sleep-deprived, but I would have tried to suppress the yawn.. So after our guest left, we had a debate on what is the accetable norm in civilised society. We could not reach a mutually agreeable decision though and we agreed to disagree. What do you think ? Should you suppress the yawn or just yawn away ??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Suppress the yawn as much as possible, I guess... but bulging/streaming eyes and strange facial contortions while suppressing the yawn(s) might be a giveaway! :D
depends on the friend I guess. if it was a close friend, i'd yawn shamelessly.
ps. thanks for checking on me.
just yawn away!! make others know what your condition is!.well try to suppress sneeze and see your brains richoecting like a bullet causing brain damage . yawning is a natural normal process.. to hell with etiquttes. yawn away..
Post a Comment